Manuka Health Manuka Honey 400+ is 100% pure Manuka Honey, collected from a plant that is unique to New Zealand – Leptospermum scoparium. The white flowers appear in spring and are much loved by the honey bees. Manuka flowers have a strong, aromatic fragrance and are highly valued for their rare and complex properties. It is the nectar of the New Zealand Manuka flower which contributes unique natural compounds that make Manuka honey so different to other honeys.
Manuka honey is rare – it is only made in New Zealand, and can only be made for a few weeks a year when the Manuka plant is in flower.
Methylglyoxal – the unique compound in Manuka Honey
MGO™ Manuka Honey is labelled based on the minimum Methylglyoxal content (mg/kg) it contains. Methylglyoxal is the compound directly responsible for the remarkable properties of Manuka honey and the MGO™ rating clearly indicates the minimum level of this compound in each jar. No other system of measurement gives such a clear and simple indication. The higher the MGO™ rating the more Methylglyoxal content.
All of Manuka Health’s MGO™ Manuka Honey products are scientifically tested and verified to ensure you are getting consistent quality. Every batch is subjected to laboratory tests that measure various quality parameters including Dietary Methylglyoxal content. Great care is taken to ensure that the Methylglyoxal is maintained from the bee-hive to the finished product so you do not lose any of the valuable properties of this remarkable honey.
- 100% New Zealand made
- Scientifically tested and verified to ensure you are getting consistent quality
- Labelled based on the minimum Methylglyoxal content (mg/kg) it contains
- Great care is taken to protect the natural properties of the honey, with temperatures in processing plant never exceeding the natural temperature of the beehive.
- Manuka Honey is not suitable for children under 12 months.
- Consult a health practitioner prior to use if you are taking any medications or have any medical condition.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- To assure freshness and potency, store below 25°. Store away from heat, light and moisture.
- Do not use if outer bottle seal is missing, torn or damaged in any way.
There are no reviews yet.