INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPROUTING SUNFLOWER SEEDS
- Place ½ cup sunflower sprouting seeds in a quart jar. Fill with water, cover with a sprouting screen or mesh sprouting lid. Soak overnight.
- Drain all water off the seeds.
- Invert the jar over a bowl at an angle so that the seeds will drain while still allowing air to circulate.
- After 12 hours of draining, rinse and drain again.
- Repeat rinsing and draining twice daily.
- Tiny sprouts should begin to form in 12-18 hours. Sprouting is complete when you just see the sprout tail emerging.
- Drain the sprouts well.
Sunflower seed sprouts do not keep well. Use immediately, if possible, or cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for a few days, maximum.